The QRS Orbit portable spirometer (#Z-7000-0101) features improved accuracy, portability, and USB 2.0 connectivity. This next generation QRS Spirometer easily connects with your PC and rests on the table top. The Orbit is a full-function portable spirometer which connects directly to your personal computer, laptop, or tablet. This spirometer simplifies testing by eliminating calibration and sterilization with disposable nose-clips and pre-calibrated mouthpieces. The Orbit integrates with Office Medic and cooperates with your EMR system.
Warranty: 3 Years.
The QRS Orbit Spirometer comes equipped with everything you need to begin testing. QRS Orbit Portable Spirometer, 2x QRS Pre-Calibrated Mouthpieces, 2x Pressure Tubes, 5x Nose Clips and Office Medic Software.
Measured Parameters: FVC, FEV0.5, FEV1, FEV6, FEV3, FEV1/FEV6, FEV1/FVC, FEV3/FVC, PEFR, PEFT, FEF25%, FEF50%, FEF75%, FEF25-75%, FIVC, FIV0.5, FIV1, FIV3, FIV1/FIVC, FIV3/FIVC, PIFR, FIF50%, FIF25-75%, FIF.2-1.2, FVC/FIVC, Extrapolated Volume, EOTV, FET, MVV, RR, MTV, SVC.
Language Options: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese.
QRS Orbit Spirometer Benefits:
The QRS Orbit spirometer provides effective diagnostic tests and meets the following Standards:
- American Thoracic Society (ATS/ERS) 2005 Standard.
- British Thoracic Society (BTS) Standard.
- National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence (NICE) Guidelines.
- Lung Age Calculation: Lung age is calculated for patients ages 20-84. It is equal to the predicted FEV1 that matches the patientês actual FEV1. Lung age may differ based on the predicted equation chosen.
- Patented, Pre-Calibrated Mouthpiece: With the Orbit spirometer system, everything the patient touches is thrown away. No sterilization or calibration is necessary, saving time for nurses, therapists, and physicians.
- No Batteries Required: The Orbit draws its power from the PC it is connected to by USB port.
QRS Orbit Spirometer Specifications:
- Weight: 0.5 lb.
- Dimensions: 4.3" x 3.7" x 1.7".
- Range (BTPS):
- FLOW: ± 14 liters/second.
- VOLUME: 0.5-8 liters.
- Accuracy (BTPS):
- FLOW: ± 5% of indication or ± 200 ml/sec, whichever is greater for FEF 25-75 and ± 10% of indication or ± 300 ml/s whichever is greater for PEF.
- VOLUME: ± 3% of indication or ± 50 ml, whichever is greater for FVC and FEV1; ± 10% of indication or ± 15 L/min, whichever is greater for MVV.
- Precision (BTPS):
- FLOW: 5% of indication or 150 ml/sec, whichever is greater for PEF.
- VOLUME: 3% of indication or 50 ml, whichever is greater for FVC and FEV1.
- Calibration: ATS 3-speed or standard calibration check.
- Predicted Normals:
- Adult: Crapo, Cherniack, Morris, Knudson 1983, Roberts, NHANES III, ECC/ERS/Quanjer.
- Pediatric: HSU, Knudson 1983, Polgar, Warwick, NHANES III, Zapletal, Wang, Quanjer.
- Tests Performed: FVC, Pre/Post Testing, Flow Volume Loop, MVV, SVC.
- Measuring Time:
- FVC _ 60 seconds.
- SVC _ 60 seconds.
- MVV _ 15 seconds.
- Power Supply: 5 Vdc ± 5% 100 mA from the host PC USB Port.
- Operating Conditions:
- Temperature: 15-40 çC.
- Humidity: 10-90% (non-condensing).
- Atmospheric Pressure: 700-1060 hPa.
- Storage Conditions:
- Temperature: -15-50 çC.
- Humidity: 90% max. (non-condensing).
- Atmospheric Pressure: 700-1060 hPa.
QRS Office Medic Software:
QRS Office Medic is easy-to-use software that ships with the QRS Orbit Spirometer. The Office Medic software allows you to acquire, store and review diagnostic data using an off-the-shelf laptop, desktop, or tablet.
The QRS Office Medic software increases efficiency, improves patient care and reduces costs. It puts diagnostic testing right at the point-of-care and delivers that information instantly and securely over industry-standard networks.
- QRS Office Medic instantly stores the test data in its central database allowing you to manage and review it from anywhere.
- Create customizable reports in PDF, JPEG and TIFF formats to integrate with your EMR.
- Office Medic System Requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows:
- XP, or
- Vista (32-bit), or
- Vista (64-bit), or
- 7 (32-bit), or
- 7 (64-bit).
- Free Disk Space: 600 MB.
- Internet Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later.
- RAM: 512 MB or higher.
- Processor: Pentium III Compatible or higher; 1 GHz or higher (recommended); 500 MHz (min.).
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768.
- Connectivity: 1 Available USB Port.
- Language Options: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese.
QRS Office Medic Orbit Spirometer Benefits:
Indications for Use: Diagnostic Spirometry
- Patient Population: Male/Femail, Pediatric to Adult.
- Device Functionality: Diagnostic Spirometry.
- Spirometric Parameters: FVC, MVV, SVC and FEF.
- Environment of Use: Hospital, Clinical and Home use.
- Effort Quality Messages Provided.
Warning Message & Criteria:
- "Don't hesitate" - BEV (Ext. Vol) > 150 mL or 5% of the FVC.
- "Blast out faster" - PEFT > 120 m/sec..
- "Blow out longer" - FET 40 mL.
- "Blast out harder" - PEF values do not match with 1.0 L/s.
- "Deeper breath" - FEV6 values do not match within 150 mL.
- Warning message doesn't appear - Effort meets above criteria.
- "Good test session" - Two acceptable efforts meet the repeatability requirements.
Test Session Grades: Each test session is given a grade which indicates the degree of confidence in the results
- A - At least 2 maneuvers with the largest two FEV1 values matching within 100 mL and the largest two FEV6 values matching better than 100 mL.
- B - At least 2 maneuvers with FEV values matching between 101 and 150 mL.
- C - At least 2 maneuvers with FEV1 values matching between 151 and 200 mL.
- D - Only 1 manuever, or more than one, with FEV1 value(s) match > 200 mL.
Spirometry Reports & Printing Options:
- Full Page Graphs: 2 additional pages contain full page F(V) and V(T) graphs in the report.
- Overlay Pre Tests: Overlay the best three pretests in Color or Black & White.
- Custom Report Header: Create a custom header to reflect the physician, clinic or any preferred details.
- FVC Reports: Prints the F(V) and/or V(T) graphs at the bottom of the report.
- Optional Parameters: Choose parameters you want displayed on the report.
QRS Orbit Spirometer Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to calibrate my spirometer? How often is calibration required?
The QRS Orbit spirometer is pre-calibrated, as are the mouthpieces. QRS spirometers do not require calibration, however, the software does allow for calibration checks in the field with a 3-liter calibration syringe. If you believe your device is out of calibration after testing several mouthpieces, please contact QRS Customer Care.
Can I connect via a USB port?
Yes, the QRS Orbit directly connects to the PC via a USB cable.
How many times can I use the spirometer mouthpiece?
Mouthpieces are single patient use only but can be used up to 20 times over a 10 day period for that patient, if fabric does not become contaminated. The patient should open, handle and dispose of his/her own mouthpiece and should return it to its plastic bag to avoid contamination if future use is anticipated. Never use the same mouthpiece on different patients.
How does the mouthpiece handle cross-contamination?
Mouthpieces are single patient use only. The patient should open, handle and dispose of his/her own mouthpiece and should return it to its plastic bag to avoid contamination if future use is anticipated. Never use the same mouthpiece on different patients.
If I blow air down the pressure tube, how do I clean the spirometer?
Air doesnêt go down the tube; only pressure travels through the tube. There is a static pressure column created between the end of the mouthpiece and the pressure transducer inside the spirometer. The patientês exhalation follows the path of least resistance, the vents on the side of the mouthpiece, thereby preventing moisture from entering the pressure tube.
To illustrate: take a pressure tube that can be discarded. Attach the pressure tube to the mouthpiece and cover the opposite end of the pressure tube with your finger. Breathe through the mouthpiece. Notice the lack of moisture in the pressure tube and repeat. Moisture will never be present. This demonstrates that if used properly the pressure tube will not become contaminated. If a patient covers the vents on the mouthpiece or uses the pressure tube when it is not properly connected to the spirometer, the pressure tube must be replaced.
When do I need to replace the pressure tube?
The pressure tube can be reused on multiple patients (no quantity limit). QRS suggests replacing the pressure tube if condensation forms in the tube or if the tube is kinked or becomes occluded. If a patient covers the vents on the mouthpiece or uses the pressure tube when it is not properly connected to thespirometer, then the pressure tube must be replaced. Store the pressure tube in a cool dry place to avoid condensation forming in the tube.
Why do I need to use a nose-clip when performing a spirometry test?
Nose clips are not required for spirometry tests, however the ATS Guidelines recommend using a nose clip to prevent air leaking out of the nose during the test. To get the most accurate results, no leaking can occur.
What parameters do QRS Spirometers measure?
FVC, FEV0.5, FEV1, FEV6, FEV3, FEV1/FEV6, FEV1/FVC, FEV3/FVC, PEFR, PEFT, FEF25%, FEF50%, FEF75%, FEF25-75%, FIVC, FIV0.5, FIV1, FIV3, FIV1/FIVC, FIV3/FVC, PIFR, FIF50%, FIF25-75%, FIF .2-1.2%, FVC/FIVC, Extrapolated Volume, EOTV, FET, MVV, RR, MTV, SVC
What tests can I perform with my spirometer?
- Pre/Post Testing.
- Flow Volume Loop.
What predicted value studies are options in your spirometry testing software?
- Adult: Crapo ê81, Cherniack 72, Morris, Knudson ê83, Roberts ê91, NHANES III ê99, ECC/ERS/Quanjer â93.
- Pediatric: Hsu ê79, Knudson ê83, Polgar ê71, Warwick ê77, NHANES III ê99, Zapletal ê87, Wang ê93, Quanjer â95.
- Adult: Cherniack â72.
- Pediatric: Polgar ê71, Zapletal â87.
How is the lung age calculated?
Lung age is equal to the predicted FEV1 that matches the patientês actual FEV1. Lung age is calculated for patients between 20-84 years old. If anyone falls outside this age range then the Lung Age will not be calculated. Also if anyoneês calculated Lung Age falls outside of 20-84 years old then a Lung Age will not be displayed by the software. Note _ lung age may differ based on the predicted equation chosen. Reference: Morris JP, Temple W.; Spirometric _lung age” estimation for motivating smoking cessation. Prev Med. 1985 Sep: 14)5):655-62. Age Range: 20-84.
What Operating System does my hardware run on?
Your hardware relies on drivers that ship with the Office Medic software. Refer to the System Requirements in Customer Care and choose your spirometer or the document that shipped with your product.
QRS Orbit SPirometer Literature:
QRS Orbit Spirometer Brochure
QRS Orbit Spirometer Specifications Sheet
QRS Orbit Spirometer Return on Investment
QRS Orbit Spirometer Sample Report
Spirometry Terminology Guide
Spirometry Reimbursement Guide
Shipping within U.S.:
- Shipping within continental U.S.
- Free shipping on website orders of $200 or more.
- $10 flat shipping charge on orders under $200.
- Shipping outside continental U.S.
- Orders of $200 or more have a flat shipping charge of $35 applied through our website.
- Orders under $200 have a flat shipping charge of $45 applied through our website.
- Our processing team may contact you with an additional shipping cost prior to processing your order. Feel free to email or call to get exact shipping costs.
- Online orders can be made through the MFI Medical website if PayPal is your preferred payment method. For payment via bank wire, cash, or direct deposit, orders must be processed over the phone or through email. To get started on an international order, please email desired products (with product numbers, if possible) and respective quantities with complete shipping address and contact information. Upon receipt of this information, our team will reach out with any questions and provide a quotation and payment instructions.
- Please note that the international shipping cost does not include additional taxes and fees that may be applied by customs. Recipient is responsible for covering any costs incurred through customs as well as providing required documentation for the shipment to be successfully delivered. If the recipient does not follow through with required documentation and/or taxes and fees, the order is subject to cancellation, and all shipping costs incurred will be deducted from the refund.
- Please thoroughly inspect your package upon delivery, as the customer/recipient must notify the deliverer/trucker of any visible signs of damage to the packaging material and/or product at time of delivery for insurance claim purposes. Otherwise, there is no insurance coverage available.
- Non-visible damage to the product due to shipping must be reported to MFI within 48 hours from the time of delivery. Otherwise, there is no insurance coverage available.
- If the equipment is damaged beyond use or visibly needs repair, the customer should refuse delivery of the shipment and notify MFI immediately.
- Shipping times may vary. MFI will notify customer regarding back orders and delays.
- Shipping cost is subject to change in special cases. MFI will notify customer prior to processing order.
- There is no penalty for cancellation of an order prior to shipment. This does not apply to special/custom orders.
- MFI retains the right to refuse orders, online or otherwise, for any reason.
- No merchandise may be returned without prior written authorization by MFI.
- Return period for products is 30 days from delivery.
- MFI shall test returned products and may impose a customer fee if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product.
- Credit Guidelines:
- MFI Error: 100% credit including shipping expenses.
- Unused goods in original packaging receive an 80% credit, and customer is responsible for shipping expenses both ways.
- Damaged goods will receive credit dependent on the condition of the product, and customer is responsible for shipping expenses.
- No credit will be issued if the item is non-returnable, such as a custom or special order, or in the case that the item is damaged due to improper handling/packaging by the customer.