What is an Endoscopy?
An endoscopy is an examination procedure that enables physicians to visualize the internal organs and orifices of a patient, in order to detect abnormalities such bleeding, polyps, cancer, and more. A flexible endoscope is a specialized type of endoscope that can be thinner or curved in order to maneuver around narrow spaces in the body.
At MFI Medical, we understand how important this procedure is for diagnosing patients, and strive to have the best endoscopic equipment available for physicians.
Types of Flexible Endoscopes We Carry
- Bronchoscopes: A bronchoscope is an endoscope that allows physicians visual access to the lungs and air passages.
- Choledochoscopes: Choledochoscopes are used for checking the condition of bile ducts.
- Colonoscopes: A colonoscopy helps physicians detect polyps, bleeding, and any other intestinal issues that a patient is going through.
- Cystoscopes: This device is a very thin endoscope that is used to check the condition of a patient’s bladder via the urethra.
- Duodenoscopes: This type of endoscope travels through the digestive system, through the mouth, throat, and stomach to reach the small intestine for observation.
- Esophagoscopes: This is one of the more superficial endoscopes, as it’s only designed for use with the esophagus, to check for issues in the esophagus.
- Gastroscopes: The gastroscope helps physicians visualize the upper section of the digestive tract down to the duodenum.
- Hysteroscopes: A hysteroscope allows physicians to examine the vagina, cervix, and uterus for any unusual ailments in the reproductive system.
- Rhinolaryngoscopes: This type of endoscope peers into the nose and throat to detect airway problems.
- Sigmoidoscopes: The sigmoid colon of the digestive system requires a special flexible camera to navigate that curve in the intestine in order to check for polyps and other abnormalities in the area.
- Ureteroscopes: This specialized device is similar to the cystoscope, except that it can travel into the bladder and into the ureter for examination.
MFI Medical knows that customers and caregivers have preferences for certain brands, and we work hard to have all your favorites available in our store. When it comes to endoscopes, MFI Medical carries Olympus and Welch Allyn.
Specials on Endoscopic Equipment
In addition to making sure that customers have access to the best brands, we also want to ensure that the best pricing is available too. MFI Medical offers a Specials page that contains recent deals and discounts on a variety of medical equipment, including some endoscopic tools. Be sure to check this page frequently, as deals change throughout the year.