Shop with Confidence at MFI
Not ready to buy just yet?
The Allied Healthcare Half Back Vertical Extrication Device (#L710) is the ultimate extrication device with vertical lift capability for patients with suspected cervical/spinal injuries during confined space extrication. It comes complete with a vertical lift strap, V-shaped padded head rest and a full head harness, with an optional helmet harness for helmeted victims.
Warranty: 1 Year.
The Half Back's aluminum back stay and closed-cell foam interior combine to provide the most effective body immobilization during extrication. The Half-Back is laced with sturdy harness and straps, which can secure the patient during emergency extrications in small spaces, such as storage tanks, ships, cars, or elevated spaces. The harness measures 34" long and 36" wide when opened completely, and is 2-ply water repellent nylon. It's also equipped with foam padding for patient comfort.
The device comes with head immobilizer, but an optional helmet immobilizer is available for victims wearing bulky helmets.
Allied Healthcare Half Back Vertical Extrication Device Features
- Removable aluminum back stay allows the Half Back to be used as an immobilization device or as a rescue harness.
- Closed-cell foam interior molds to the shape of the body for complete body immobilization.
- Optional Helmet Immobilizer allows for safe transport of helmeted victims.
Allied Healthcare Half Back Vertical Extrication Device Specifications
- Weight of Back Stay and Head Harness: 3.5 lb (1.6 kg).
- Weight of Vest: 7.5 lb (3.4 kg).
- Dimensions Open: 34" (86.4 cm) long x 36" (91.4 cm) wide.
- Dimensions Closed: 34" (86.4 cm) long x 12" (30.5 cm) wide x 7" (17.8 cm) thick.
- Length: 65.75" (167 cm).
- Color: High-visibility yellow with black straps.
- Jacket: 2-ply water-repellent 1,000 denier CorduraÂ¬Ã† nylon; minimum tensile strength of 557 lb. (253.2 kg) for each ply.
- Foam: 0.5" (12.7 mm) thick 2# non-absorbent closed-cell polyethylene.
- Back Stay: 5" (12.7 cm) wide x 33.5" (85.1 cm) long x 3/16" (4.8 mm) thick; 5052-H32 anodized aluminum alloy.
- Straps: 2" (5.1 cm) wide black nylon webbing with a minimum 6,000 lb. (2,721.6 kg) tensile strength.
- Hardware: Forged alloy steel with a proof load of 2,500 lb. (1,134 kg); mil spec P5220441.
- VelcroÂ¬Ã†: 0.75" (19 mm) and 2" (5.1 cm) black hook and loop.
Allied Healthcare Half Back Vertical Extrication Device Configurations
- #L710: Half Back with removable back stay.
- #L722: L710 Half Back with removable back stay, Vertical Lift Strap, and Helmet Immobilizer.
Allied Healthcare Half Back Vertical Extrication Device Accessories
- Vertical Lift Strap (#L720011).
- Standard Head Immobilizer, Black (#L720002-010).
- Helmet Immobilizer, Black (#L720003-010).
- Carry Bag (#L720060).