Finding the perfect autoclave for your facility can be intimidating. There are many things to consider. From size to cost to features, autoclave shopping can become overwhelming. At MFI Medical, we know your time is valuable, and we want to make shopping for your medical equipment and supplies as easy as possible. That's why we've compiled this list based on actual purchases that dental customers have made at MFI. Check out the top four autoclaves most popular among MFI's dentists and dental specialists.
Midmark has been a trusted name in sterilization for over 100 years. The M11 UltraClave Automatic Sterilizer is perfect for facilities needing a larger load capacity. It is unique in that it features an 11" x 18" chamber, giving it the distinction of having the largest sterilizing capacity for a standard counter-top autoclave on the market. This large chamber capacity makes the M11 ideal for dentists that require sterilizing larger packs and instruments. In comparison to the M11D (manual open door), the M11 features an automatic-opening door for ease of use and quick drying time. Meaning, dental staff can set it and forget it.
- Chamber: 11" Diameter x 18" Depth.
- Trays: 4 - Two large (9" W x 15" L x 1.1" D) and two small (6.6" W x 15" L x 1.1" D).
- Unique 11" x 18" chamber gives it the distinction of having the largest sterilizing capacity of any standard countertop sterilizer on the market.
- Door automatically opens quietly to dissipate the steam and provide fast, efficient drying of your instruments.
- Self program controls enable you to create different cycle parameters to meet specific instrument processing needs).
Although technically not an autoclave (which requires water), the Wayne S1000 Dry Heat Sterilizer is the third most popular sterilizer among dental offices. This small, yet powerful, dry heat sterilizer features three large instrument trays and a small needle tray. Wayne Metal Products has been a trusted name since 1955. The S1000 is their larger capacity model, holding twice the size of their S500 Dry Heat Sterilizer. Wayne sterilizers are made of high quality, hospital grade stainless steel, and are made to order. This can take a few weeks, however, as one happy MFI customer put it:
"The equipment is amazing. The delivery took much longer than anticipated however the product is worth the wait."
- Chamber: No chamber.
- Trays: 4 - Three large (11.75" W x 7.25" L) and one small needle tray that can sit on top of any of the three large instrument trays.
- Rapid heat up time with safety limit control.
- Two hour timer with "HOLD" position.
- Almost two times the capacity in useable space of the S500.
- Wrapped or Unwrapped instruments (must use bags designed specifically for dry heat).
If you are like one of the many MFI customers who are looking for a compact, yet dependable autoclave, then number two on our list of most popular autoclaves might be for you. Don't let a big clunky machine take up precious countertop space. The Valueklave is a perfect primary unit for small offices or a second autoclave for larger practices. The fast cycle time (11 minutes from a hot start) and heated drying delivers a quick turnaround for wrapped or unwrapped instruments.Key Features:
- Chamber: 7" Diameter x 13" Depth.
- Trays: 3 (4.7" W x 11.6" D x 0.8" H).
- A long life electro-polished chamber and door.
- Fast Cycle Time: 11 minutes from a hot start (come up time, sterilization exposure, and exhaust).
- Standard Cassettes: 2 half (8" x 5.5").
- 2 gallons of usable volume.
- Available in certified pre-owned and factory new conditions.
Our number one is by far the most popular autoclave requested and sold at MFI Medical. The Midmark M9D AutoClave is the ideal autoclave for any type of facility due to its features, dependability, and size. The M9D is similar to the M11 in features and dependability but differs with a slightly smaller chamber and four slightly smaller trays. Pouches, packs, handpieces, or unwrapped items, the M9D can do them all. If you like the M11 but don't need as much room, save yourself some money with this smaller Midmark model.
In comparison to the M9 UltraClave Automatic (automatic open door), the M9D requires the practitioner to open the door and release the steam at the end of the cycle. If you like the size of the M9D but would like the convenience of an automatic door, the M9 is for you.Key Features:
- Chamber: 9" Diameter x 15" Depth.
- Trays: 4 - Two large (7.3" W x 12" L x 0.8" H) and two small (5.6" W x 12" L x 0.8" H).
- Steam-flush pressure pulse air removal system ensures proper steam penetration.
- Automatic sterilizer with a manual door.
- 3.5 gallons usable volume (water reservoir capacity 1.1 gallons).
MFI's Top 4 Autoclaves for Dentists Compared
|Chamber Size (Diameter x Depth)||Trays||Chamber Volume||Type||Conditions Available|
|#1||Midmark M9D AutoClave Sterilizer||9" x 15"||(4) - 2 Large / 2 Small||3.5 gallons||Steam||
|#2||Tuttnauer Manual Valueklave Autoclave||7" x 13"||3||2 gallons||Steam||Certified Pre-Owned & Factory New|
|#3||Wayne S1000 Dry Heat Sterilizer||No chamber||(4) - 3 Large / 1 Small Needle Tray||n/a||Dry Heat||Factory New|
|#4||Midmark M11 UltraClave Automatic Sterilizer||11" x 18"||(4) - 2 Large / 2 Small||6.5 gallons||Steam||Certified Pre-Owned & Factory New|
*Note: Due to the nature of manufacturer and supplier restrictions, the availability of these products may change. Our team will work closely with you to ensure we find the right medical equipment for your specific needs.