- Combines the ME 390 with an arm, inductive coil applicator, capacitive electrodes, and heavy-duty cart with ample storage space
- Choose from two different modes of application: the deep penetration of inductive coil diathermy, or the shallower capacitive style with the soft-rubber plates
- Continuous and pulsed modes allow you to customize treatment parameters for your patients
- Treatment Time: 1 - 30 minutes
- Condition: Factory New
- Warranty: 4 Years
Shop with Confidence at MFI
Not ready to buy just yet?
The Mettler Auto*Therm 391 Shortwave Diathermy Machine includes two (12 cm x 18 cm) soft-rubber plate applicators with flexible cables (#3963), six felt spacers (#3965), two cloth covers (#3967), and two elastic, Velcro receptive straps (48") (#2009).
Before Purchasing: Before we can proceed with your order, please let us know whether you are a doctor, therapist, or have a prescription for the Auto*Therm 391 Shortwave Diathermy. If you have a prescription, please forward a copy of the prescription to email@example.com.
Warranty: 4 Years (Unit) / 1 Year (Applicators and Accessories) - Defects in Materials and Workmanship.
The Auto*Therm 391 combines the ME 390 with an arm, inductive coil applicator, capacitive electrodes, and heavy-duty cart with ample storage space. Using this model, you will be able to choose from two different modes of application: the deep penetration of inductive coil diathermy, or the shallower capacitive style with the soft-rubber plates which are ideal for covering a large treatment area like a leg when treating the Sciatic Nerve. Continuous and pulsed modes allow you to customize treatment parameters for your patients.
The Auto*Therm 391 features a locking arm that makes it easy to position the drum on the patient. The sturdy cart allows you to roll the unit around your clinic and provides ample storage space for all of your diathermy accessories and supplies.
Diathermy treats a much larger surface area and has much deeper penetration levels than other thermal modalities. Since 1968, Mettler Electronics has produced shortwave diathermy (SWD) units that produce comforting deep heat in muscle tissues. Shortwave diathermy is used when the clinician needs to provide deep heat to a larger area than normally covered by ultrasound. Diathermy is also the only unattended modality in the country allowing the clinician to attend to other patients while the treatment is running. A patient pullcord allows the patient to stop all output if the treatment becomes uncomfortable.
Mettler Auto*Therm 391 Shortwave Diathermy Machine Specifications
- Input: 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz.
- Frequency: 27.12 MHz.
- Continuous Mode: 100 W Average Power.
- Pulsed Mode: 200 W Peak Power.
- Pulse Frequency: 10 Hz, 20 Hz, 50 Hz, 100 Hz, 400 Hz.
- Pulse Duration Range: 65 µs, 100 µs, 200 µs, 300 µs, 400 µs.
- Treatment Time: 1 - 30 minutes.
- Operating Temperature: 50 to 104 °F (10 to 40 °C).
- Weight: 60 lb (27.3 kg).
- ME 390 Unit: 15 lb.
- Cart: 45 lb.
- Dimensions: 19" (D) x 19" (W) x 37" (H) (48 cm x 48 cm x 95 cm).
- ME 390 Unit: 16.5" (D) x 14" (W) x 7" (H).
- Cart: 19" (D) x 19" (W) x 30.25" (H).
Mettler Auto*Therm 391 Shortwave Diathermy Machine Accessories
The following accessories are compatible and commonly purchased with the Auto*Therm 391 Shortwave Diathermy Machine:
- #3963: 12 x 18 cm Soft Applicator with Flexible Cable.
- #3965: 14 x 20 cm Felt Spacer for Soft-Rubber Applicators.
- #3967: 18 x 26 cm Cloth Cover for Soft-Rubber Applicators.
- #3974: Neon Check Light.
- #3981: Special Coaxial Cable for Drum Applicator.
- #3983: Lanyard for Patient Safety Switch.
- #3984: Strap for Securing 14 cm Drum.
- #3985: Coil Applicator.
- #3986: Special Coaxial Cable for Coil Applicator.
- #3987: Coil Applicator Multi-Joint Arm.
- #3988: Bracket Kit for Multi-Joint Arm.
- #9905: Pocket Guide - For Auto*Therm Shortwave Diathermy.