Shop with Confidence at MFI
Not ready to buy just yet?
The Bovie Disposable High Temperature Extended 2" Shaft Loop Tip Cautery (#AA05 / 10 per Box) works at 2200 degrees F (1204 degrees C) and is individually packaged sterile.
Primary Use: Hemostasis of small bleeding areas, incision, and excision.
Suggested Uses by Specialty:
- Neurosurgery: Tumor removal.
- OB/GYN: Incision and drainage of abcess, removal of vulvular condyloma, repair of third degree.
- Ophthalmology: Strabismus surgery, enucleation, keratectomy.
- Orthopedics: Total knee, arthroplasty, arthrotomy, open reduction of fractures, amputation of extremities, bonlonectomy.
- Otolaryngology: Thyroidectomy, tumor removal, carbuncle surgery, parotid gland excision, division of scalenus anticus muscle.
- Plastic Surgery: Cleft palate, scar revision, lacerations, hair transplants, burn procedures.
- Proctology: Surgery on rectal condyloma.
- Urology: Proud flesh and veneral wart removal.
The new style High Temperature Extended 2" Shaft Loop Tip Cautery features safety enhancements and changes:
- The snap-design incorporates a green, recessed, activation button to assist in the prevention of inadvertent activation of the unit, if proper disposable instructions are not followed.
- The cautery is designed to allow the back-end to be broken open, facilitating the removal of the alkaline batteries. This step also accomplishes a safe disposal of the product by eliminating the energy source.
- Tip assembly, energy optimization, final testing, printing, packaging, and sterilization are all done in the USA.
Bovie Disposable High Temperature Extended 2" Shaft Loop Tip Cautery Media and Literature