Shop with Confidence at MFI
Not ready to buy just yet?
The ADC Diagnostix 5442 3.5V Coax Plus Ophthalmoscope Head is intended to examine the media (cornea, aqueous, lens, and vitreous) and the retina of the eye, and is available with a halogen/xenon lamp (#5442X) or an advanced AdLED lamp (#5442L). This head can be attached to the ADC Diagnostix 5460 3.5V Plug-In Rechargeable Battery Handle or the ADC Diagnostix 5560 3.5V Rechargeable Battery Handle.
Warranty: 2 Years (AdLED lamp carries a lifetime warranty).
Note: This is for the coax plus ophthalmoscope head only and does not include a battery handle.
ADC Diagnostix 5442 3.5V Coax Plus Ophthalmoscope Head Features
- High performance aspherical condenser lens reduces corneal reflection.
- Further reduction provided by utilizing distinct parallel observational and illuminating light beam. (Gullstrand's principal).
- Ergonomic design and integral thumb rest improves stability and allows one finger control of all functions.
- Synthetic rubber brow rest facilitates use with practitioner eyeglasses.
- Dust proof.
- Magnified/illuminated aperture viewing window.
- Universal bayonet mount for compatibility with other brands of 3.5V power supply handles.
- Anti-theft locking feature is standard.
- Secondary Focusing wheel with zero retention for quick correction of ametropias. Use this to provide virtually unlimited fine focus OR as a fast focus in lieu of the 89 viewing lenses.
- 89 viewing lenses - Plus single step from 1-45. Minus single step from 1-44.
- 28 aperture/filter combinations for improved versatility.
7 apertures include:
- Karo - grid like overlay that allows for easier transfer of observations to standard Karo (graph) paper.
- Slit - used to help determine levels of tumors and lesions.
- Fixation - has graduated cross-hairs for measuring eccentric fixation or locating lesions.
- Large - standard aperture for a dilated pupil and general examination of the eye.
- Small - provides excellent view of fundus through an undilated pupil.
- Micro spot - allows quick entry into small, undilated pupils.
- Half moon - provides a combination of depth perception and field of view.
3 filters (plus neutral) include:
- Red free - excludes red rays from examination field for easy identification of veins, arteries and nerve fibers.
- Cobalt - used with fluorescent dye to view small lesions, abrasions and foreign objects on the cornea.
- Polarizing - virtually eliminated corneal reflection.