The Universal ECG (# Z-7000-0301) features accurate results, real-time graphical display and narrative interpretation. The Universal ECG saves you money by eliminating thermal paper and calibration and minimizing required maintenance. The QRS Universal ECG comes equipped with everything needed to begin testing.
Warranty: 1 Year Warranty.
- Universal 12-Channel ECG
- QRS Resting ECG Tab Electrodes, 100
- Sure-Lock Snap & Tab Electrode Adapters, 10
- Lead Placement Guide
- Office Medic Software
QRS Universal ECG Features:
The QRS Universal ECG uses the Louvaine analysis program which was found to have the best total accuracy when compared to nine popular competing algorithms by cardiologists. The Louvaine algorithm was also the best in correctly diagnosing myocardial infarction and the second best in diagnosing Ventricular Hypertrophy.
The Louvaine algorithm was also the best in correctly diagnosing myocardial infarction and the second best in diagnosing Ventricular Hypertrophy. For additional information about the Louvaine algorithm, download the QRS Universal ECG Algorithm Brochure
QRS Universal ECG Benefits:
- Incomparable Accuracy: The QRS Universal ECG uses the Louvaine analysis program. The Louvaine algorithm had the best total accuracy of the 9 popular algorithms compared by cardiologists to a standardized database of ECG tracings.
Multiple Report Options: Office Medic offers multiple options for viewing the Universal ECG reports and they are transferable to PDF, JPEG, or TIFF formats.
- 3x4 Simultaneous
- 3x4 Sequential
- 6x2 ECG
- 6x1 ECG
- Averaged Complexes
- Measurements Report
- Avg. Zoom Report
- Zoom Report
- Lightweight & Portable: The QRS Universal ECG weighs less than 12 ounces and can easily be transported to new patient rooms, clinic locations or any off site location where an ECG needs to be performed. Also, no batteries are required for the QRS Universal ECG because it draws its power from the computers USB port.
- Why Perform Diagnostic ECG Tests? ECG testing has increased the diagnosis of heart disease. ECG tests provide physicians a baseline to compare the health of a heart on a recurring basis. They also help diagnose, monitor and treat patients with symptoms of heart health issues. For more benefits and statistics about electrocardiography and reasons for performing ECGs, download the QRS Electrocardiography Key Facts Brochure.
QRS Universal ECG Specifications:
- Hub Dimensions: 85 mm x 91 mm x 20 mm
Patient Leads Length:
- Limb _ 1 meter
- Chest _ 0.6 meter
- PC Connection Length: 1.8 meters (USB A type for USB version)
- Electrode Connections: 4 mm Banana plug with _tab” or _snap” connectors
- Gain Sensitivity: 5, 10, 20 mm/mV
- Acquisition Sample Rate: 1000 samples/sec. (Compressed to 500 Hz with peak picking and averaging algorithm)
- Heart Rate Range: 20-170 bpm
- Measuring Time: 0.05 _ 175 Hz ±3dB
- Safety Standards: Complies with AAMI EC11, EN60601-1, EN60601-1-2, EN60601-2-25
- Operating Temp: 0-40çC
- Storage Temp: -20-70çC
- Humidity: 85% max. (non-condensing)
The QRS Universal ECG is manufactured under an ISO 13485 Registered Quality Management System. It is also CE marked in accordance with MDD 93/42/EEC and has FDA 510K Clearance.
QRS Office Medic Software:
QRS Office Medic is easy-to-use software that ships with the QRS Universal ECG. The Office Medic software allows you to acquire, store and review diagnostic data using an off-the-shelf laptop, desktop or tablet. The QRS Office Medic software increases efficiency, improves patient care and reduces costs. It puts diagnostic testing right at the point-of-care and delivers that information instantly and securely over industry-standard networks.
- QRS Office Medic instantly stores the test data in its central database allowing you to manage and review it from anywhere.
- Create customizable reports in PDF, JPEG and TIFF formats to integrate with your EMR.
- Office Medic System Requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows:
- XP or
- Vista (32-bit) or
- Vista (64-bit) or
- 7 (32-bit) or
- 7 (64-bit)
- Free Disk Space: 600 MB
- Internet Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later
- RAM: 512 MB or higher
- Processor: Pentium III Compatible or higher; 1 GHz or higher (recommended); 500 MHz (min.)
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Connectivity: 1 Available USB Port
- Language Options: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows:
QRS Office Medic ECG Software Benefits:
ECG Indications for Use: Receipt, Storage, Viewing, Printing and Interpretive Analysis of 12 channel simultaneous ECGs:
- Patient Population: Adult Male/Female
- Environment of Use: Hospital, Clinical and Home Use
- What to Expect: Analysis of amplitudes, duration and morphologies of the ECG waveform. Based upon standards of interpretation of these parameters and calculations of the electrical axis and relationship between leads.
- Tool to Assist: The interpretation provided by Office Medic software is a great tool which assists the physician in making a clinical diagnosis. The interpretation can be edited and comments can be added to reflect the physicians expertise.
- Single Lead Report: Prints a single strip or averaged complex with scale options: 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x.
- 3x4 Simultaneous: Prints 2.5 second segments of all twelve channels displayed at the same point in time along with a 10 second single channel rhythm strip.
- 3x4 Sequential: Prints 2.5 second segments of all twelve channels displayed at the same point in time progressing in four sequential columns along with a 10 second single channel rhythm strip.
- Average Complexes: Print an average QRS complex for all 12 channels along with a 10 second single channel rhythm strip.
- 6x1 Format (2 Page): Prints a 10 second trace of each channel.
- 6x2 Format (1 Page): Prints a 5 second trace of each channel.
- Measurements Table: Prints a chart with amplitude, slop and duration data for all 12 channels.
- Include: Allows user to select whether to include Measurements, Interpretation and/or Comments in the report(s).
- Speed & Sensitivity: Allows user to select the Speed (12.5, 25 or 50 mm/s) and Sensitivity (5, 10 or 20 mm/mV) of the ECG reports.
- Minor Grid: Allows you to select the minor grid: Lines, Dots or None.
QRS Universal ECG Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do you have a quick start guide for the Universal ECG? Yes. Please download the Universal ECG How-To Guide.
- Which interpretation program does the Universal ECG employ? The interpretation program developed by Cardionics SA in conjunction with the Catholic University of Louvaine (UCL) in Belgium. Download the QRS Universal ECG Algorithm Brochure for additional information.
What measurements do I get with the interpretation?
- Heart Rate
- P Duration
- PR Interval
- QRS Duration
- QT Interval
- QTc Interval
- P Axis
- QRS Axis
- T Axis
- Is there a pediatric interpretation? No, the interpretative algorithm does not provide a specific pediatric interpretation; the algorithm has been validated at ages above 16.
- Can I edit the interpretation? Yes, you can edit the interpretation and also add comments for each test.
- Can I turn off the interpretation? Yes.
- Can the filters be defaulted on? Yes.
Does the Universal ECG meet AAMI standards? Yes, it complies with the following safety standards:
- AAMI EC11
- IEC 60601-1
- EC 60601-1-2
- IEC 60601-2-25
- How durable it the Universal ECG? Can it handle the volume of patients we see? The QRS Universal ECG does not have any moving parts so it does not require annual maintenance contracts for calibration/servicing. Like any ECG, over time the lead wires will need to be replaced. The lead wires should be handled gently to ensure maximum life is met. The lead wires should not be pulled on, twisted,wrapped in a ball, or caught in the wheels of a cart.
- How much does the Universal ECG weigh? > 12 ounces
How long are the lead wires?
- Limb Leads _ 1 meter
- Chest Leads _ 0.6 meter
- Can I connect the Universal ECG via a USB port? Yes, the QRS Universal ECG has a direct USB connection.
- How long is the cable connection to the PC? 1.8 meters
- Can I use suction cups or straps? Yes, any electrode system will work that connects snugly to the ECG lead wire connectors (4mm _banana” plugs).
- Is the Universal ECG defibrillator protected/recoverable? Yes.
- Is the patient isolated? Patient leads are isolated from system and operator with 4kV protection.
- What is the frequency response? 0.05 to 175Hz, +/-3dB
- What file format are the ECGs saved in? SCP format. SCP-ECG, Standard communications protocol for computer assisted electrocardiography, is a file format for ECG traces, annotations and metadata. It is defined in the joint ANSI/AAMI standard EC71:2001 and in the CEN standard EN 1064:2005.
- How can I get the ECGs into my EMR? Our PC-based ECG integrates with all EMRs that can import PDF, JPEG or TIFF files, which accounts for nearly all EMRs on the market.
- How long are the ECG recordings? ECGs can be viewed in real-time for an unlimited period of time. Up to 15 minutes of ECG trace can be paused and reviewed. Once SAVE is selected, a 10-second recording is saved and interpreted.
How large is the ECG file?
- Raw file format average size _ 90 kb
- PDF average size _ 700 kb
What report types can I print? Download the Sample Report for page references listed below.
- 3x4 Simultaneous: Shows a 2.5 second simultaneous segment of ECG data for each of the leads, as well as the full 10 seconds of captured data for a single lead. (See Page 1 of Sample Report)
- 3x4 Sequential: Shows a sequential sample of 2.5 seconds of ECG data from each of the 12 channels. The format has three rows of four channels of data, with a single channel at the bottom of the page. (See Page 2 of Sample Report)
- Average Complexes: Shows an average complex for each of the 12 channels. It also includes a single channel 10-second trace.
- 6x1 Report: Features the full 10 seconds of data from each of the 12 leads. (See Pages 4-5 of Sample Report)
- 6x2 Report: Features 5 seconds of data from each of the twelve leads. (See Page 3)
- Measurements Report: Features the amplitude of the various parts of the wave in mV for each of the 12 channels, the slope of the ST segment (in millimeters/s) and the duration (in milliseconds) for Q, R, S, Rê and Sê. (See Page 7)
- Zoom & Average Zoom Reports: The zoom view report can only be created by clicking the ZOOM button from the ECG Diagnostic Window. The Average Zoom Report prints an exploded view of a single QRS complex with the softwareês measurement of the following quantities: P duration, PR duration, QRS duration and QT duration. (See Pages 8-9)
- What printers can I print to? Most printers should work with the Universal ECG.
- Can the reports be printed in both landscape and portrait? All analyzed reports are printed in landscape. Printouts of the real-time window can be done in either portrait or landscape.
- Can I use thermal paper? Only if your printer handles thermal paper.
- Can I print on red graph paper? For a red grid background it is recommended you use a color printer using plain paper.
- Can I fax or email the report? It is possible with the installation of a Windows-compatible fax or e-mail software.
- What is the warranty for the Universal ECG? 3-year hardware warranty on device _ 1 year warranty on lead wires and PC connection cable.
- What if I break a lead wire? Send the broken cable(s) to a certified QRS service center to repair the broken lead wire(s). Request an RMA Number here.
- Can I clean the device with alcohol? No, you should only clean the cable with a clean cloth moistened with water. Alcohol will damage the plastic over time and may cause the case to crack.
QRS Universal ECG Literature:
QRS Universal ECG Brochure ECG How-To Guide QRS Universal ECG Specifications Sheet QRS Universal ECG Sample Report QRS Universal ECG Printed Reports QRS Universal ECG Return on Investment QRS Universal ECG Reimbursement Guide QRS Universal ECG Algorithm Brochure
Shipping to Contiguous U.S.
- Free shipping on orders of $100 or more.
- $8.95 shipping charge on orders under $100.
Shipping Outside Contiguous U.S. & Canada
Orders shipping outside the contiguous U.S or to Canada will require a shipping quote. Before we process your order, our processing team will prepare a shipping quote and contact you with the additional shipping cost. Contact us for exact shipping costs.
Expedited shipping is available for an additional charge. If you're facing a time constraint, please select the expedited shipping option during checkout. Our specialists will contact you with the expedited shipping options with associated costs prior to processing your order. Additionally, MFI is able to ship using the customer's shipping account upon request.
- Free Dock to Dock Shipping on orders traveling within the continental U.S.
- $125 charge for liftgate curbside delivery.
- Order will arrive secured to a pallet. Customer is responsible for unpacking and disposing of packing material.
- Freight and White Glove Delivery is available for an additional charge for addresses outside the continental US. Please select the Freight or White Glove Delivery option during checkout. Our specialists will contact you with the shipping options with their associated costs prior to processing your order. Contact us to get exact shipping costs.
White Glove Delivery
- White Glove Delivery means that the Carrier Delivery Agents will unload and place your items in the room of your choice. White Glove service includes unpacking, removal and disposal of packing materials.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring that the items can be delivered in the desired room without issue. Carrier Delivery Agents are not able to remove old equipment or obstacles.
- $695 White Glove Delivery charge per order to commercial locations.
- $1,195 White Glove Delivery charge per order to residential locations.
- Freight and White Glove Delivery are available for an additional charge for addresses outside the continental US. Please select the Freight or White Glove Delivery option during checkout. Our specialists will contact you via phone or email with the additional delivery cost prior to processing your order. Feel free to email or call to get exact shipping costs.
- White glove delivery is typically between 9am - 5pm on weekdays. The carrier will call to schedule a delivery appointment. Additional costs will apply if delivery is needed after 5pm.
International Shipping Policy
- Please note that the international shipping cost does not include additional taxes and fees that may be applied by customs. Recipient is responsible for covering any costs incurred through customs as well as providing required documentation for the shipment to be successfully delivered. If the recipient does not follow through with required documentation and/or taxes and fees, the order is subject to cancellation, and all shipping costs incurred will be deducted from the refund in addition to the standard return fees.
- MFI will not be providing shipping quotes for orders under $500. Customers will need to use their own shipping account, or the order can be sent to a freight forwarder within the U.S. where the customer will be responsible for getting their items to their destination.
- Please thoroughly inspect your package upon delivery. Customer must notify the carrier of any visible damage at time of delivery for insurance claim purposes.
- Non-visible damage to the product due to shipping must be reported to MFI within 48 hours from the time of delivery.
- If the equipment is damaged beyond use or visibly needs repair, the customer should refuse delivery of the shipment and notify MFI immediately.
MFI makes ordering easy with simple shipping options. We select the best carrier depending on the specific product. Carriers range from FedEx, UPS, DHL, Freight, and more.
Lead Time vs. Shipping Time
Lead time refers to the amount of time required for your order to be prepared for shipment. Shipping time refers to the amount of time required for your order to be delivered, after the order has shipped from our facility or from one of our suppliers' facilities.
To calculate an estimated delivery time, please add the product's estimated lead time to the estimated shipping time. You may refer to the table below for available shipping methods and respective transit times and costs.
This table details available shipping methods with respective transit times and costs.
|Order Value||Destination||Service||Cost||Transit Time|
|$0-$99.99||Contiguous U.S.||Standard||$8.95||5-7 Business Days|
|$100+||Contiguous U.S.||Standard||Free Shipping||5-7 Business Days|
|$100+||Contiguous U.S.||Freight (Loading Dock)||Free Shipping||5-7 Business Days|
|$200+||Contiguous U.S.||Freight (Curbside)||$125.00||5-7 Business Days|
|$100+||Contiguous U.S.||White Glove Delivery||$695.00||7-21 Business Days|
|$200+||Contiguous U.S.||White Glove Delivery (Residential)||$1,195.00||7-21 Business Days|
|Any||Non-Contiguous U.S. & Canada||Standard or Freight||Quote||TBD|
|$0-$499||International||TBD||Customer Account Only||TBD|
Items can be returned for free within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases. Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them. If the item detail page includes "Free Returns" badge, the product is eligible for free return shipping.
Items must be returned in the original packaging and safety seals cannot be opened or broken.
MFI shall test returned products and may impose a customer fee if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product or the item is damaged during shipping.
Once the item is received at our fulfillment center, it takes 2 business days for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to show up in your account.
Shipping fees are non-refundable if your return is not a result of an MFI error. Shipping fee refund requests need to be submitted to email@example.com. Please be sure to list the order number, return reason and explanation of why the return is due to an MFI error. The return still needs to be processed through the Online Returns Center.
We strongly recommend you keep your packaging for at least the first 90 days after purchase.
To read our full return policy, please visit our returns page.
Return & Cancellation Questions
How do I cancel my order?
You can cancel items or orders that haven't entered the shipping process yet by contacting our Order Processing Team. Once an order has shipped, it cannot be canceled. You may refuse the order upon delivery, in which case the standard return policy for the item will apply. There is no penalty for cancellation of an order prior to shipment, however, this does not apply to special/custom orders.
What can I return?
You may return most items in original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Initial shipping fees are non-refundable if your return is not a result of an MFI error.
When will I get my refund?
Typically, returns are processed in approximately 2-3 weeks. Most refunds are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process your return.
Does MFI offer replacements and exchanges?
Yes, you can create replacement and exchange orders from the Returns Center by clicking Start Return and following the instructions. If you received a damaged or defective item, we’ll ship you a replacement of the exact item. If you would like to exchange an item for another, you can exchange for a different configuration or return it and buy a different item.
We have a team of Customer Success associates ready to assist with all warranty claims. Warranties vary by product and manufacturer. Warranty information can be found on each product page below the add to cart button and within the product description.
- Factory new items are warrantied by and through the manufacturer. All warranty claims need be processed through the original manufacturer. MFI is available to assist with any manufacturer warranty claims.
- Factory refurbished items are warrantied by and through the manufacturer. All warranty claims need be processed through the original manufacturer. MFI is available to assist with any manufacturer warranty claims.
- Certified refurbished items are warrantied through MFI Medical. Warranty claims should be submitted through our online service ticket request.
- After expiration of your warranty, MFI is available to assist with telephonic technical support free of charge. Please request service here.
- Shipping charges may not be covered under warranty.