- Innovative Hospira MedNet Software allows for customizable drug libraries
- Bar code reader for medication identification of prefilled and custom-filled vials with pharmacy-generated bar codes
- Multiple medication rule sets for as many as 18 clinical care areas
- Bar-coded, prefilled medication vials
- Condition: Certified Refurbished
- Warranty: 6 Months
Shop with Confidence
Not ready to buy just yet?
The Hospira Lifecare PCA is a state-of-the-art pump that features an integrated bar code reader and other features to ensure a safe delivery. The Lifecare PCA enables clinicians to administer, or patients to self-administer, analgesia safely within specific clinician programmed limits or even hospital designed limits which helps prevent medication errors that can commonly arise with patient-controlled analgesia. Thanks to Hospira MedNet software and a bevy of other valuable features, the Lifecare PCA is the premiere patient-controlled analgesia therapy device on the market today.
Warranty: 6 Months.
Note: The following error codes are used to indicate a problem.
- Low Battery.
- Battery Fault.
Hospira Lifecare PCA Features
- Innovative Hospira MedNet Software allows for customizable drug libraries.
- Bar code reader for medication identification of prefilled and custom-filled vials with pharmacy-generated bar codes.
- Multiple medication rule sets for as many as 18 clinical care areas.
- Bar-coded, prefilled medication vials.
- Stored protocols makes for quick, accurate programming of standing orders.
- Easy-to-use design based on human factors research.
- Confirmation screens add an extra level of safety.
- Wireless capabilities allow for remote drug library updates.
- Easy to read key pad.
- Stands out from general infusion devices to reduce the risk of user confusion and line mix-ups.
- Customized drug libraries for up to 18 clinical care areas.
- Up to 25 medications per clinical care area.
- Hard and soft limits for each specific 19medication.
Hospira Lifecare PCA Specifications
- Administration Sets: Use only compatible Hospira PCA sets with Integral Anti-Siphon Valve.
- Atmospheric Pressure: 0 - 10,000 feet (0 - 3,000 m) or equivalent pressure.
- Battery: One sealed, lead-acid, rechargeable 8 V battery, internal to device. Accessible for ease of field replacement with color coded leads and polarized connector.
- Battery Life: A fully charged conditioned battery shall provide at least 3 hours of continuous operation from the Start of delivery at 5 mL/hr to Dead Battery. The PCA Infuser provides a low battery warning at least 30 minutes prior to shutdown.
- Casing: High-impact plastic.
- Delivery Rate
- PCA Mode: Approximately 1 mL in 35 seconds.
- CONTINUOUS Mode: Variable from 0.1 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr) to 20 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr.)
- PCA + CONT. Mode: Variable from 0.1 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr) to 20 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr) + PCA dose (mg).
- Dimensions: Approximately 8” W 13” H 6” D, excluding pole clamp protrusion and power cord storage.
- Electrical Safety: Meets IEC/EN/UL 60601-1 standards.
- Class 1: AC (mains) supply equipment using protective earth.
- Type CF: Equipment providing a higher degree of electric shock protection.
- Drip Proof IPX1: The case is disinfectable and protected against dripping water. Not to be used in the presence of flammable anesthesics.
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI): The LifeCare PCA is designed to perform in the typical hospital environment. A qualified service technician should verify performance in any environment where EMI or RFI levels are excessive.
- Electrical Leakage: Risk current limits meets standard IEC/EN/UL 60601-1.
- Fuses: 1.0 A, 250 V, Slow-Blowing.
- Lockout Interval Range: 5 to 120 minutes in 1- minute increments.
- Maximum Infusion Pressure: 45 psig.
- Maximum Overinfusion: The maximum overinfusion under single fault conditions is 25%.
- Occlusion Alarm Pressure: 15 psig ± 5 psig.
- Occlusion Bolus Volume: 2 mL for fully primed set (max).
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C, 10% - 90% relative humidity.
- Power Cord: Hospital-grade AC cord, 10 ft. long, with transparent plug and retainer plate.
- Power Requirements: 120 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 50 VA max.
- Printer Port: Maximum nondestruct voltage is 5 V.
- Recharge: After discharge to the LOW BATTERY operative limit, the battery will recharge to at least 80% of its charge capacity in 16 hours, provided it is plugged into rated AC power. The infuser will operate on AC power in the event the battery is open or shorted.
- Self-Discharge: 50% of charge retained for at least one month when unit is neither plugged-in nor operating.
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C, 10% - 90% relative humidity.
- Weight: Approximately 10 lb with battery.