Shop with Confidence
Not ready to buy just yet?
The ArjoHuntleigh Flowtron Universal Pump (#507003) comes with a power cord and hoses with connectors. The battery is NOT included.
Warranty: 90 Days - Parts and Labor.
The Flowtron Universal is an all in one intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) therapy system with auto-recognition of thigh, calf, and/or foot garments. Designed with flexibility and simplicity in mind, the Universal system provides clinically effective, non-invasive mechanical compression for the prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). It is compatible with all uniform compression garments.
Venous Thromboembolism, otherwise known as VTE, refers to a blood clot that forms within a vein. It is considered 25 times more deadly than strains of hospital-acquired viruses.
The simple 3-in-1 design provides a choice of foot, calf, or thigh compression from a single pump, with simple set-up, and visual power and alarm indicators. A lightweight pump design and an integrated bed mount promote safe handling and convenient placement on a bed, table, or trolley.
The intended use of this product is to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT). The garments are single use only. It is not for use in the home healthcare environment. The Flowtron Universal System should be used as part of a prescribed plan of care.
Indications: The Flowtron Universal Pump is suitable for DVT prevention in acute care environments, in the pre-, intra-, and post-surgery phases, as monotherapy, or when combined with a pharmacological method.
Contraindications (not for patient use if any of the following conditions exist):
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases.
- Severe congestive cardiac failure or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental.
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- Any local condition that the garment could disturb, including: gangrene, a recent skin graft, dermatitis, or untreated, infected leg wounds.
ArjoHuntleigh Flowtron Universal Pump Features
With the Patient in Mind:
- Quiet pump, promoting rest and recovery.
- External battery pack to maintain prophylaxis during transport.
- Dedicated lightweight and breathable garments to provide clinically proven patient comfort and compliance.
With the Caregiver in Mind:
- Automatic single leg option.
- Auto garment recognition - adjusts pressure automatically according to garment type.
- An LCD user interface clearly indicates system set up, therapy status, and actual pressure delivered.
- Simple and secure snap lock connection of garments to the pump.
- Lightweight pump design and integrated bed mount allow easy handling and convenient placement on a bed, table, or stretcher.
With the Facility in Mind:
- Tailored product support and clinical education programs delivered by qualified product and clinical specialists.
ArjoHuntleigh Flowtron Universal Pump Specifications
- Size: 27 cm x 23 cm x 15 cm.
- Weight: 8.6 lb (3.9 kg).
- Power: 90 to 265 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, 25 VA.
- Default Therapeutic Setting: 40 mmHg for calf/thigh compression / 130 mmHg for foot compression.
- Foot: 3 seconds inflation, 27 seconds deflation.
- Calf/Thigh: 12.5 seconds inflation, 47.5 seconds deflation.
ArjoHuntleigh Flowtron Universal Pump Accessories
The following accessories are compatible and commonly purchased with the Flowtron Universal Pump:
- #DVT10: Flowtron Calf Garment - Standard (10 Pairs).
- #DVT20: Flowtron Calf Garment - Large (10 Pairs).
- #DVT30: DVT Thigh Garment - Standard (10 Pairs).
- #DVT40: DVT Thigh Garment - Large (10 Pairs).
- #FG100: Flowtron Foot Garment - Standard (Box of 10).
- #FG200: Flowtron Large Foot Garment - Non-Sterile (Case of 10).