Shop with Confidence at MFI
The Dymedix TriplePlay Reusable Airflow Sensor - Small (#TP-003) is an extremely sensitive polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) airflow sensor that responds to both pressure and temperature changes. This durable and easy-to-clean sensor features an oral / nasal design and is designed for use with a Dymedix FM Airflow Filtration Module.
Warranty: 2 Years.
This U.S.-made sensor employs PVDF film to accurately detect apnea, hypopnea, Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS), and snore. This sensor responds to changes in both pressure and temperature and is accepted by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
PVDF is a specially treated plastic film with a permanent electrical charge that instantaneously generates a voltage when exposed to changes in temperature, pressure, force, vibrations, and sound. PVDF is much more flexible than conventional Piezo material, and also reacts to both temperature and pressure, making PVDF far more responsive to sleep-related physiological events than other sensing products. Additionally, with response times 1,000 faster than a traditional thermistor, PVDF film is the fastest signal transmitter in the sleep sensor industry.*
Dymedix products are available to U.S. customers only. For alternate recommendations, please contact one of our sales team members.
Dymedix TriplePlay Reusable Airflow Sensor - Small Specifications
- Physical Size: .88" (H), 1.0" (W).
- Shipping Dimensions: 6" (L), 6" (W).
- Cable Length: 24".
- Weight / Shipping Weight: 0.9 oz.
Typical Polygraph Settings:
- Sensitivity: 100 - 300 µV/mm.
- Low Frequency Filter: 0.1 Hz.
- High Frequency Filter: 15 Hz.
Typical Signal Amplitude:
- Typical 1 mV peak to peak.
- Signal amplitudes vary. Response is dependent on variables including sensor position, strap tension, and polygraph characteristics.
- Cable Material: Gray PVC insulation tinsel wire.
- Sensor Technology: PVDF sensor, ABS filtration module.
- Operating Conditions: 40 - 104°F.
- Storage Temperature: -4 - 140°F.
- Operating and Storage Humidity: 5 - 95% (non-condensing).
Dymedix TriplePlay Reusable Airflow Sensor - Small Media and Literature